Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Kitchen

The kitchen renovation is all mine. All DIY. And I've got to get it done with two littles underfoot! I'm just not one to pay someone when I can do it myself! And maybe learn something!

What am I doing? 

1. Filling in the gap at the top of the cabinets. I hate those. They just collect dust.

Seriously! Just collecting dust. 

I've found a few blogs where people filled it in. Like...


If they can do it... so can I!


2. The cabinets... they're getting painted WHITE. These are old and do actually have some damage to them so this should help the aesthetics, but also, I wanted white cabinets. I've wanted white cabinets for a while. I was *THIS CLOSE* to painting them in our old house when I found out we were moving.
3. The island... it's so small. There's plenty of room for a bigger island. I plan to make it so! 
4. The counter tops... they're all cracked. A breeding ground for bacteria. Yup. They gots-to-go!!                            
5. The backsplash... gone. So dated.

6. The desk... I really debated this one, but the island will be big enough for kids and homework and laptops. Desk is going too. This is getting turned into kind of a bar, butlers pantry, I-don't-really-know... but it will be cool!




7. The pantry...can't put my finger on it, but something isn't right here. Four shelves? Doesn't make sense.









Well, that's it! Maybe... I might find more stuff to change along the way. 







No comments:

Post a Comment