Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Kitchen Demolition Day ONE

Started demo on the kitchen today! It's a little tough with two little kids under-foot. But they did great today, and I even had a little help!

It started like this...

By the end of the day, it looked like this...


What did I do?

I took down the trim from the top of the cabinets. I needed to do that so I could see how much space I had to fill. It's about 12 inches. Roughly. Roughly because, guess what? They were all hung at different heights! Yay!

I took off all the cabinet doors and drawers. I removed the hardware and left  it at each cabinet. I'll go back and bag them all up individually because I've read lots of blog posts and "how to's" about how you should always put the same door back in the same place with the same hardware if you want them to hang correctly.


Hopefully my "system" will yield the best results! I'm planning to work on these at the rental house or in the garage while they're redoing the floors. I hear it takes a long time. And I've got quite a few to clean, sand, paint...paint again...maybe paint again. 

The good thing is, I'll learn something in the process!!




No comments:

Post a Comment